Monday, September 19, 2005

'The Abominable Snowmen'

THE ABOMINABLE SNOWMEN
6 episodes: 1 surviving

Only one episode is left from this serial, but it brings up the big 100 mark in my quest! Not bad going for nineteen days' worth, if I say so myself... Again, it's a great pity so little remains of this adventure - I imagine I'll be saying that a lot over the next few days... There is a great isolated Tibetan setting, good supporting cast in the shape of Professor Travers (Jack Watling, Deborah's father) and the various residents of the monastery, and a compelling villain in the bodiless form of what is later revealed to be the Great Intelligence. The Yeti look good too, although perhaps a trifle too cuddly, considering...!

7/10

Episodes watched: 100
Episodes still to watch: 622

No comments: